We have all seen the classic Tritons. The 1960’s Tritons are some of the most beautiful bikes around. The Norton Featherbed frames have distinct lines that marry up to the Triumph engines almost perfectly. Well Britalmoto took the Triton concept to the next level. One of their customers had a Norton Commando 961 but wanted the performance of a Triumph twin. As a result, we have the Britalmoto Triton.
One of the most complicated parts of this build was getting the Triumph engine in the Norton frame. Knowing that this was not an easy swap, Britalmoto set out to custom engineer new brackets. They designed the engine brackets to retain the same pivot point specs as the Norton chassis to retain the handling. On top of the engine brackets, they custom designed their own rearset and foot brackets.
This Triton is not just your average Triumph motor relocated into a Norton Commando frame. Knowing the potential of the Triumph twins, the custom wanted more. Well that is just what Britalmoto gave them. Working with the base triumph engine, Britalmoto installed a big bore kit bring the size to 1087cc, carillo piston rods and modified throttle bodies. This resulted in a substantial boost in power.
Since the Norton Commando has exceptional suspension and handling capabilities, the Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes and stock wheels were kept in tack. Additionally, up front, the controls are a mix of both. The hand controls are Norton, while the gauges are triumph that are housed in a custom built bracket.
In conclusion, Britalmoto has put a beautiful modern spin on the classic Triton design. It’s mix of classic styling with all modern components, creates an exceptional motorcycle. Be sure to go checkout the rest of the amazing Britalmoto custom builds on their website –>> BRITALMOTO
Britalmoto Triton Specifications:
96HP (71kW) at 7500 rpmand 104 Nm at 5600 rpm (both values measured at the rear wheel)
- Hinkley Triumph Typ Thruxton or Bonneville
- Bore/Stroke: 96.5mm/74.3mm
- Capacity: 1087ccm
- Cylinder head: enlarged and optimised inlet, increade inlet-and exhaust valve diameter
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1
- Power/Torque: original at clutch original around 60HP/69Nm
- Power/Torque: tuned at clutch up to 106HP/115Nm (with Big Bore Kit and Stroker crank)
- Five speed gearbox
- Secondary transmission by O- or X-ring chain
- Original Norton Commando 961 frame, modified to accept the Hinkley Triumph Twin engine
- Swing arm: original Triumph Hinkley
- Original Norton Upside Down- or traditional front fork
- Choice of spoke wheels/carbon wheels (Norton)/ PVM wheels
Britalmoto Triton Photos